Cool cucumber cups are filled with creamy crab in these scrumptious Low FODMAP Cucumber Bites with Crab.
Another appetizer recipe today! These Low FODMAP Cucumber Bites with Crab are a delicious addition to any party spread. Cool cucumber cups are filled with a light and creamy crab mixture with just a tiny kick of spice thanks to a little hot sauce. Garnish with paprika for an added touch of color.
Low FODMAP notes
In this section, I share information for certain ingredients that are either frequently asked about or that have suggested serving sizes to remain low FODMAP. We each have unique tolerance levels and nutritional needs. Please listen to your body (and if possible, work with a FODMAP-trained dietitian) to determine what is best for you. For more low FODMAP serving size info, please refer to the Monash FODMAP app and FODMAP Friendly website or app.
Cucumbers are a FODMAP-free food. Enjoy according to your appetite.
Mayonnaise is low FODMAP in servings of 2 tablespoons or 40 grams. Double-check ingredients and choose products without high FODMAP ingredients like onion or garlic.
Paprika and smoked paprika have been tested and are low FODMAP in servings up to 1 teaspoon.
Cool cucumber cups are filled with creamy crab in these scrumptious Low FODMAP Cucumber Bites with Crab. A great gluten-free and dairy-free appetizer.
- 2 cucumber, peeled
- 2 (4-ounce) cans crabmeat
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons low FODMAP hot sauce (I use Tabasco® Brand Original Red Sauce)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Slice peeled cucumbers into 1 ½-inch thick pieces. Using a spoon or small scoop, carefully scoop out some of the center seeds, leaving base intact, to create cucumber cups. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together crab meat, mayonnaise, chives, hot sauce, sugar, and salt. Fill each cucumber cup with crab mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve chilled with an optional garnish of paprika.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American