These delightful 8-ingredient Low FODMAP Cucumber and Crab Bites feature a creamy crab mix nestled into cool cucumber cups. Enjoy these refreshing veggie and seafood bites for an appetizer or a light lunch.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- ¼ cup mayonnaise made with low FODMAP ingredients (like Hellmann’s)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce made with low FODMAP ingredients (like Tabasco® Original Red Sauce)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-ounce) can lump crab meat (like Crown Prince), drained // about 4 ounces drained
- Ground paprika, for garnish
- Peel cucumbers, if desired. Slice into 12 (approximately ¾-inch thick) pieces. Using a spoon or small scoop, gently scoop out some of the center seeds (leaving the base intact) to create cucumber cups.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, chives, hot sauce, sugar, and salt. Adjust flavor by adding more hot sauce, sugar, or salt to your liking.
- Add the crab meat. Stir to mix.
- Spoon crab mixture into the cucumber cups, dividing evenly.
- Sprinkle a small pinch of paprika over each of the cucumber bites.
- Serve. Or, refrigerate for 1-2 hours and serve chilled.
Make-Ahead: The crab mixture (mayonnaise through crab – steps 2 & 3) can be prepared a day in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container. Prepare the cucumber cups (step 1) and assemble (steps 4-6) right before serving.
Storage: Not recommended. Prepared bites are best enjoyed within a few hours of preparation, as they turn soggy over time.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving of this recipe (3 bites) is made with low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Individual tolerance may vary. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the Monash FODMAP App or check out the “FODMAP Notes” section (above the recipe).
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Refrigeration Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Snack, seafood, canned crabmeat,