Filled with fresh flavors, this quick and easy Low FODMAP Cobb Salad recipe is perfect for a satisfying lunch entree or side salad.
I LOVE salads, but only if they have a lot of stuff to fill me up!
No one’s got time for a wimpy salad. 🙂
Naturally, cobbs are a fave, simply because they are packed with a whole bunch of flavorful ingredients and this low FODMAP Cobb Salad is no exception!
Typical cobbs include Roquefort or blue cheese, but because dairy is no bueno for me (and lots of other low FODMAP folks), I substitute kalamata olives for a similar brininess (or in my husband’s words “stank”).
He’s not an olive lover. I’m surprised we’ve lasted this long …
Just kidding, I love him and all his olive-hating glory. 🙂
Know what else I love? This salad! Go try it. You won’t regret it!
Adding Low FODMAP Cheese:
If you’re one of those lucky folks who tolerates cheese, feel free to add a little for extra flavor. Some low FODMAP cheese options are:
- Cheddar: up to 2 slices or 40 grams
- Colby: up to 2 slices or 40 grams
- Feta: up to ½ cup, crumbled or 125 grams
- Goat: up to ½ cup, crumbled or 60 grams
- Havarti: up to 2 slices or 54 grams
- Swiss: up to 2 slices or 54 grams
In my opinion, this Low FODMAP Cobb Salad is a pretty standalone salad, but if you are looking to add additional components, consider the following:
- Slice of low FODMAP toast (my go-to is Udi’s Gluten Free White Sandwich Bread) topped with chive butter
- Up to 20 rice crackers
- 1 cup grapes
Filled with fresh flavors, this quick and easy low FODMAP cobb salad is perfect for a satisfying lunch.
- 1 bag mixed greens, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 slices Perfectly Baked Bacon (or cooked bacon), crumbled
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 4 hardboiled eggs, diced
- ½ cup Kalamata olives pitted and halved
- ¼ cup minced chives
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together all salad ingredients, until well mixed.
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients and season, to taste.
- Toss salad with vinaigrette and enjoy!
Make ahead? Prepare and store salad and vinaigrette separately. Toss right before serving.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American