Looking for a quick and yummy gut-friendly summer side dish? This 5-ingredient Low FODMAP BLT Pasta Salad combines whole grain pasta, crunchy lettuce, sweet cherry tomatoes, a sprinkle of bacon, and Fody Foods Garden Herb dressing. It’s perfect for a summer side dish and pairs nicely with grilled chicken or pork chops.
Transparency Statement: This post is not sponsored. However, my friends at FODY Foods kindly provided me with free products to help create this recipe. All opinions are my own.
Low FODMAP BLT Pasta Salad
It is finally starting to feel like summer here in Minnesota. After seven LONG months of record snowfalls and extremely low temps, I think it’s safe to say we are all ready for a little sunshine, warm weather, and summer BBQs!
And, this Low FODMAP BLT Pasta Salad is a delicious addition to any summer get-together. It features brown rice pasta, crunchy lettuce, sweet cherry tomatoes, a sprinkle of bacon, and Fody Foods Garden Herb Dressing.
Why you might also like this salad:
- Easy to make and calls for just 5 ingredients
- Low FODMAP, gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free
- Pairs nicely with many grilled foods
- Provides a serving of FODMAP-friendly whole grains and veggies
Ingredients Needed for This Salad
This Low FODMAP BLT Pasta Salad calls for just five main ingredients:
- Brown rice pasta – I use Tinkyada Brown Rice Fusilli. It is a whole grain option and doesn’t get mushy like many other gluten-free pasta products.
- Crunchy lettuce -I use romaine, but you could also use iceberg or another crunchy bacon
- Sweet cherry tomatoes – add a nice pop of color and sweetness to this salad.
- Crumbled bacon – I like to bake up a bunch of bacon with my less-mess Perfectly Baked Bacon method, let it cool, and then crumble for this salad.
- Fody Foods Garden Herb Dressing – is a quick and convenient way to add FODMAP-friendly flavor to this and many other salads. This particular dressing has a subtle Italian dressing vibe. It’s also certified low FODMAP by Monash University.
So, those are the main five ingredients for this Low FODMAP BLT Pasta Salad. If you want to go extra, I invite you to play around with adding one or more of the following:
- Sliced green onion tops (green parts only) to add a nice pop of FODMAP-friendly onion flavor
- A sprinkle of low FODMAP cheese
- A pinch or two of red pepper flakes for my fellow spicy food lovers
Serve this summery Low FODMAP BLT Pasta Salad with your favorite grilled lean protein, like chicken or pork.
Enjoy with a side of low FODMAP fruit. Some of my favorites are strawberries, grapes, and pineapple. Use your Monash University FODMAP App to find more options with low FODMAP serving sizes.Print
This 5-ingredient Low FODMAP BLT Pasta Salad combines whole grain pasta, crunchy lettuce, sweet cherry tomatoes, a sprinkle of bacon, and Fody Foods Garden Herb dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked pasta, lettuce, tomatoes, and bacon. Add dressing and stir until everything is well coated. Add more dressing, if desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving.
- To make ahead, prep ingredients and store separately in the refrigerator for up to a day. Toss ingredients together immediately before serving.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: side salad, side dish, gluten-free, pasta salad