Looking for a quick and yummy gut-friendly summer side dish? This 5-ingredient Low FODMAP BLT Pasta Salad combines whole grain pasta, crunchy lettuce, sweet cherry tomatoes, a sprinkle of bacon, and Fody Foods Garden Herb dressing. It’s perfect for a summer side dish and pairs nicely with grilled chicken or pork chops.
Transparency Statement: This post is not sponsored. However, my friends at FODY Foods kindly provided me with free products to help create this recipe. All opinions are my own.
It is finally starting to feel like summer here in Minnesota. After seven LONG months of record snowfalls and extremely low temps, I think it’s safe to say we are all ready for a little sunshine, warm weather, and summer BBQs!
And, this Low FODMAP BLT Pasta Salad is a delicious addition to any summer get-together. It features brown rice pasta, crunchy lettuce, sweet cherry tomatoes, a sprinkle of bacon, and Fody Foods Garden Herb Dressing.
Why you might also like this salad:
- Easy to make and calls for just 5 ingredients
- Low FODMAP, gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free
- Pairs nicely with many grilled foods
- Provides a serving of FODMAP-friendly whole grains and veggies
This Low FODMAP BLT Pasta Salad calls for just five main ingredients:
- Brown rice pasta – I use Tinkyada Brown Rice Fusilli. It is a whole grain option and doesn’t get mushy like many other gluten-free pasta products.
- Crunchy lettuce -I use romaine, but you could also use iceberg or another crunchy bacon
- Sweet cherry tomatoes – add a nice pop of color and sweetness to this salad.
- Crumbled bacon – I like to bake up a bunch of bacon with my less-mess Perfectly Baked Bacon method, let it cool, and then crumble for this salad.
- Fody Foods Garden Herb Dressing – is a quick and convenient way to add FODMAP-friendly flavor to this and many other salads. This particular dressing has a subtle Italian dressing vibe. It’s also certified low FODMAP by Monash University.
Low FODMAP notes
In this section, I share information for certain ingredients that are either frequently asked about or that have suggested serving sizes to remain low FODMAP. We each have unique tolerance levels and nutritional needs. Please listen to your body (and if possible, work with a FODMAP-trained dietitian) to determine what is best for you. For more low FODMAP serving size info, please refer to the Monash FODMAP app and FODMAP Friendly website or app.
Brown rice pasta is a type of gluten-free pasta. Gluten-free pasta has a recommended low FODMAP serving size of 1 cup (cooked) or 145 grams. Brown rice pasta is also a source of low FODMAP whole grains. Some brands I enjoy include Tinkyada, Jovial, and Trader Joe’s.
are low FODMAP in servings of 5 tomatoes or 75 grams. 3/2022 Update: Monash University retested cherry tomatoes and as a result, has changed the low FODMAP serving. A low FODMAP serving of cherry tomatoes is now considered to be 3 tomatoes or 45 grams. Larger servings contain higher levels of excess fructose.
Fody Foods products are certified low FODMAP by Monash University. This means that they have been tested for FODMAPs in a laboratory and a single serving of each product has been confirmed to be low FODMAP.
Fody Foods products can be purchased on FodyFoods.com (use funwithoutfodmaps15 for 15% off your first order), Amazon, Thrive Market, and a growing number of grocery stores (usually in the “natural” or “health” foods section).
Lettuce: Iceberg, butter, and red coral lettuce contain only trace amounts of FODMAPs. Enjoy according to your appetite. Romaine is also low FODMAP – the recommended serving is up to 2 cups or 75 grams.
To make this salad your very own, I invite you to play around with adding one or more of the following:
- Sliced green onion tops (green parts only) to add a pop of FODMAP-friendly onion flavor
- A sprinkle of low FODMAP cheese
- A pinch or two of red pepper flakes for my fellow spicy food lovers
Serve this with
Serve this summery Low FODMAP BLT Pasta Salad with your favorite grilled lean protein, like chicken or pork.
Enjoy with a side of low FODMAP fruit. Some of my favorites are strawberries, grapes, and pineapple. Use your Monash University FODMAP App to find more options with low FODMAP serving sizes.Print
This 5-ingredient Low FODMAP BLT Pasta Salad combines whole grain pasta, crunchy lettuce, sweet cherry tomatoes, a sprinkle of bacon, and Fody Foods Garden Herb dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked pasta, lettuce, tomatoes, and bacon. Add dressing and stir until everything is well coated. Add more dressing, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving.
- To make ahead, prep ingredients and store separately in the refrigerator for up to a day. Toss ingredients together immediately before serving.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving of this recipe is made with low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Individual tolerance may vary. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the Monash FODMAP App or check out the “FODMAP Notes” section (above the recipe).
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: side salad, side dish, gluten-free, pasta salad