Low FODMAP Caprese pasta salad features cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, balsamic, and whole-grain brown rice pasta. Make this simple low FODMAP salad with just 7 ingredients in about 30 minutes.
Filled with fresh ingredients and the classic combo of tomatoes, basil and balsamic, this Low FODMAP Caprese Pasta Salad just screams sunshine and summer!
I’ve chosen to use brown rice spaghetti for a serving of whole grains and a boost of low FODMAP fiber.
The mozzarella is a classic Caprese component, however, it can be omitted to make this salad plant-based and dairy-free.
Make this simple low FODMAP salad with just 7 ingredients in about 30 minutes.
To make this easy low FODMAP Caprese pasta salad, add these ingredients to your shopping list:
- Cherry tomatoes – 16
- Basil – ¼ cup
- Mozzarella – 8 ounces
- Balsamic vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Low FODMAP Italian Seasoning – 1 tablespoon (I make my own or use Simply Organic Italian Seasoning – an onion/garlic-free option)
- Brown rice spaghetti – 12 ounces
- Garlic-infused oil – ⅓ cup (I like Colavita Roasted Garlic Olive Oil – Monash FODMAP certified)
Low FODMAP notes
In this section, I share information for certain ingredients that are either frequently asked about or that have suggested serving sizes to remain low FODMAP. We each have unique tolerance levels and nutritional needs. Please listen to your body (and if possible, work with your dietitian) to determine what is best for you. For more low FODMAP serving size info, please refer to the Monash FODMAP app and FODMAP Friendly website or app.
Balsamic Vinegar: A low FODMAP serving is 1 tablespoon or 21 grams. Larger servings contain higher amounts of excess fructose.
Brown rice pasta is a type of gluten-free pasta. Gluten-free pasta has a recommended low FODMAP serving size of 1 cup (cooked) or 145 grams. Brown rice pasta is also a source of low FODMAP whole grains.
Cherry tomatoes are low FODMAP in servings of 5 tomatoes or 75 grams.
Garlic-infused oil is a popular way to add low FODMAP garlic flavor on the low FODMAP diet. Learn more about why it’s okay in my Low FODMAP Garlic and Onion Substitutes post.
Low FODMAP Italian Seasoning: Some packaged Italian seasoning blends contain high FODMAP onion or garlic powder. Double-check ingredients before purchasing.
Simply Organic Italian Seasoning and McCormick Gourmet Italian Seasoning are two blends that do not contain garlic or onion. Or, consider making your own.
Mozzarella is a low-lactose cheese. The recommended low FODMAP serving size is ¼ cup or 40 grams.
To make this easy low FODMAP pasta salad, simply:
Step 1: Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse. Transfer cooked pasta to a large bowl.
Step 2: While pasta is cooking, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning. Adjust flavor with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Toss cooked pasta with the dressing, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.
Serve pasta salad slightly warm. Or, chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and serve cold.
Whole-grain brown rice pasta meets fresh and flavorful ingredients in this quick and easy Low FODMAP Caprese Pasta Salad recipe. Make this simple low FODMAP salad with just 7 ingredients in about 30 minutes.
- 12 ounces brown rice spaghetti
- ⅓ cup garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low FODMAP Italian seasoning (I use Simply Organic Italian Seasoning – an onion/garlic-free option – or make my own)
- Salt and pepper
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup sliced basil leaves, cut into thin ribbons
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse. Transfer cooked pasta to a large bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning. Adjust flavor with salt and pepper.
- Toss cooked pasta with dressing, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.
- Serve pasta salad slightly warm. Or, chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and serve cold.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving of this recipe uses low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Please refer to the Monash FODMAP App for specific ingredient information.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian-inspired
Keywords: low FODMAP pasta, summer,