With flaky salmon, roasted broccoli, and tender-crisp carrots, this Low FODMAP Salmon, Broccoli and Carrots is one of my go-to quick and easy supper meals.
As much as I love creating or trying new recipes, I most adore easy meals with minimal ingredients that I can quite simply make without thinking too much. 🙂
And that’s why today’s meal is honestly one of my favorites at the moment. It’s really easy to whip together after a long day at work. I know it’s packed with nutrition (hello, omega-3’s and fiber!) and as long as I remember to set the timer so the salmon doesn’t overcook, it’s going to be delicious.
Although this sheet pan meal can be served on its own, I typically like to add a side of some other form of starchy carbohydrates. Some examples include:
- Brown Rice: A low FODMAP serving size is 1 cup (or 180 grams) cooked.
- Basmati Rice: A low FODMAP serving size is 1 cup (or 190 grams) cooked.
- Quinoa: A low FODMAP serving size is 1 cup (or 155 grams) cooked.
- “Baked” (Microwaved) Potato: A low FODMAP serving size is 1 medium or 122 grams
- Plantains: A low FODMAP serving size is 1 medium (or 144 grams) peeled.
Instead of a starchy more savory type of side dish, you could also pair this Low FODMAP Salmon, Broccoli and Carrots with a side of low FODMAP fruit like one of the following:
- Pineapple: A low FODMAP serving is 1 cup or 140 grams.
- Strawberries: A low FODMAP serving is 10 medium or 140 grams.
- Orange Slices: A low FODMAP serving is 1 medium or 130 grams.
- Grapes: A low FODMAP serving is 1 cup or 150 grams.
With flaky salmon, roasted broccoli, and tender-crisp carrots, this Low FODMAP Salmon, Broccoli, and Carrots is one of my go-to quick and easy supper meals.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place salmon pieces, skin side down, on the center of a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, toss together olive oil, broccoli florets, and baby carrots. Arrange in an even layer around salmon pieces on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until salmon is flaky and carrots are just fork tender.
- Drizzle veggies and salmon with optional tamari and season to taste with salt. Serve warm.
Broccoli: A low FODMAP serving is 1 cup or 90 grams
Paleo: Omit tamari or try coconut aminos, if tolerated.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salmon, sheet pan meal, fish,