Need a quick and easy meal? This Low FODMAP BLT with Egg is your ticket! Delicious and gluten-free, this sandwich recipe is one of my go-to’s: breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Look that yolk, tho! Nom, nom, nom!
I think the yolk makes this BLT, but if you’re not a runny egg fan *gasp* (just kidding, I still love ya!) you can totally omit it for a delicious and gluten-free Low FODMAP BLT.
P.S. By chance BLT is not a household acronym, it stands for: Bacon. Lettuce. Tomato. 🙂
To make this low FODMAP sandwich, add these ingredients to your shopping list:
- Low FODMAP bread – 2 slices (Schär Gluten-Free Deli-Style Seeded is a certified low FODMAP option)
- Garlic-infused oil – 1 teaspoon
- Egg – 1 large
- Low FODMAP mayonnaise – 2 teaspoons
- Cooked bacon – 2 slices
- Common tomato – 2 slices
- Romaine lettuce (or other lettuce) – 2 leaves
Low FODMAP notes
In this section, I share information for certain ingredients that are either frequently asked about or that have suggested serving sizes to remain low FODMAP. We each have unique tolerance levels and nutritional needs. Please listen to your body (and if possible, work with a FODMAP-trained dietitian) to determine what is best for you. For more low FODMAP serving size info, please refer to the Monash FODMAP app and FODMAP Friendly website or app.
Common tomatoes (fresh) are a FODMAP free food. Enjoy according to your appetite.
Garlic-infused oil is a popular way to add low FODMAP garlic flavor on the low FODMAP diet. Learn more about why it’s okay in my Low FODMAP Garlic and Onion Substitutes post.
Lettuce: Iceberg, butter, and red coral lettuce contain only trace amounts of FODMAPs. Enjoy according to your appetite. Romaine is also low FODMAP – the recommended serving is up to 2 cups or 75 grams.
Low FODMAP bread options can vary greatly depending on where you live. My personal favorite is Schär Deli Style Seeded Bread (a Monash low-FODMAP certified option in the US). For more options, check out my low FODMAP bread post.
Mayonnaise is low FODMAP in servings of 2 tablespoons or 40 grams. Double-check ingredients and choose products without high FODMAP ingredients like onion or garlic.
Delicious and gluten-free, this Low FODMAP BLT with Egg will quickly become a go-to, easy breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- Toast bread in a toaster.
- Heat a small skillet (with a lid) over medium heat. Once hot, add the oil and the egg. Cover the skillet and cook until the egg is cooked to your preference.
- Spread mayonnaise on each slice of toasted bread. Top with cooked egg, bacon, tomato, and romaine.
- Slice in half and serve warm.
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American