Missing Tex-Mex flavor on the low FODMAP diet for IBS? Try these easy low FODMAP chicken fajita bowls! This sheet pan meal recipe uses just nine ingredients and can be ready in only 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons low FODMAP taco seasoning (or make your own)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 ½ medium red bell peppers, sliced
- ½ medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 to 1 ¼ pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced across the grain
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion tops (green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together taco seasoning, lime juice, and garlic-infused oil. Add bell pepper slices and chicken pieces. Toss until the chicken and peppers are well-coated and the seasoning is evenly distributed.
- Spread the chicken and veggie mixture on to the prepared baking sheet, arranging in a single even layer.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Stir the chicken and pepper slices. Then, bake for an additional 7-8 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked and the veggies are fork-tender.
- Serve warm over cooked brown rice. Garnish with optional green onion tops (green parts only), cilantro, and lime wedges.
Storage: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Freezing is not recommended.
Low FODMAP Servings: One serving of this recipe contains low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Please refer to the Monash University FODMAP app for more information on specific serving sizes.
Brown Rice: To save time, try instant brown rice (like Minute) or frozen steamable rice (like Birdseye Steamfresh). Add extra flavor by cooking instant brown rice in low FODMAP broth instead of water, or by adding lime juice and cilantro to cooked brown rice.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: Low FODMAP
Keywords: supper, meal prep, one-pan, low FODMAP fajitas, low FODMAP sheet pan meal