Warm up with a bowl of hearty and flavorful Low FODMAP Turkey Chili. It’s filled with protein-packed turkey, low FODMAP amounts of lentils and sweet potatoes, warming spices, and a touch of cinnamon.
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- ½ cup chopped leek leaves (dark green parts only)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups low FODMAP chicken broth
- 2 cups (up to 300 grams) peeled and diced sweet potato (about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 2 medium tomatoes, core removed and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons low FODMAP taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15-ounce) can lentils, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced green onion tops (green parts only)
- Shredded Cheddar cheese (or other low FODMAP cheese)
- Crushed corn tortilla chips
- Heat a Dutch oven (with cover) over medium to medium-high heat. Once hot, add olive oil and leek leaves. Saute leek leaves until bright green, fragrant, and soft.
- Add ground turkey and cook, breaking into crumbles, until almost completely browned. Once the turkey is almost cooked, stir in the tomato paste and cook about 1 minute more.
- Add the low FODMAP chicken broth, sweet potatoes, chopped tomatoes, low FODMAP taco seasoning, and ground cinnamon to the turkey mixture and stir to mix. Adjust heat to high, and bring soup to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir in drained and rinsed lentils and continue cooking until soup is heated throughout.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm with optional garnishes.
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Category: Main Dish, Soup
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lentil chili, gluten free,