Delicious with eggs for breakfast or as a side for supper, this Low FODMAP Swiss Chard and Bacon calls for only four ingredients and is ready in less than 15 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 6 cups chopped Swiss chard leaves, tough ribs removed
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add diced bacon, and cook until brown and crispy.
- Stir in Swiss chard and optional red pepper flakes. Cook until Swiss chard is bright green and just wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving (¼ of this recipe) contains low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Individual tolerance may vary. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the Monash FODMAP App or check out the “FODMAP Notes” section (above the recipe).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: side dish, leafy greens,