Low FODMAP Sushi Bowls are filled with brown rice, smoked salmon, nori, crunchy low FODMAP veggies, and a creamy wasabi-lime dressing.
Sushi (inspired) Rice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Wasabi-Lime Dressing (makes about ¼ cup)
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder + 1 teaspoon water
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 8 to 9 ounces smoked salmon, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks (about 2 medium)
- ½ cup cucumber matchsticks (about ⅓ cucumber)
- 1 nori sheet, sliced into thin strips (about ½ cup loosely packed)
Optional Additional Toppings (per bowl): ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds; ⅛ avocado, sliced; 1-2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce (or tamari sauce for gluten-free)
- If not cooked, prepare rice according to package directions. In a medium bowl, whisk together rice vinegar and sugar. Add cooked rice and stir to mix. I like to transfer the rice to the fridge to help cool it down (closer to room temperature) while I prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix wasabi powder and water until paste forms. Let sit 2-3 minutes to allow wasabi flavor to develop. Add mayonnaise and lime juice. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- When ready to serve, place ½ cup rice into four bowls. To each bowl, add approximately 2 ounces salmon, ¼ cup carrot matchsticks, 2 tablespoons cucumber matchsticks, and 2 tablespoons nori.
- Serve each bowl with 1 tablespoon wasabi-lime dressing and optional sesame seeds, avocado, and soy sauce.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving of this recipe uses low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Product ingredients vary. Double-check ingredients and avoid products containing high FODMAP ingredients until tolerance is known. For specific ingredient information, please check out the “Low FODMAP Notes” section of the blog post or refer to your Monash FODMAP app.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Low-Cook
- Cuisine: Japanese-inspired
Keywords: smoked salmon, wasabi-lime dressing,