Hooray for No-Bake Low FODMAP Peanut Butter Brownie Bites! Easy-to-make, even easier to eat, these plant-based energy balls are one delicious and nutritious low FODMAP snack!
- 1 cup rolled oats (use gluten-free rolled oats for gluten-free)
- ½ cup unsweetened peanut butter (I use Smucker’s Natural)
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (plus more depending on the consistency of peanut butter)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- Place oats and peanut butter in a food processor. Pulse until the oats are coarsely ground and just mixed with the peanut butter. A handful of times should do the trick.
- Add chocolate chips, ¼ cup maple syrup, cocoa powder, chia seeds, and (optional) salt. Pulse until well mixed. If the mixture seems too dry – the consistency will vary depending on the peanut butter used – pulse in more maple syrup a tablespoon at a time until the desired, slightly sticky, easy to roll, consistency is achieved.
- Using clean hands, grab a small amount of the mixture, press it together between your hands, and roll into a roughly 1-inch sized ball. Place the ball on a parchment-lined pan and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Once finished, place in the freezer until no longer sticky. Transfer to a freezer-safe container for storage. You can store them in the fridge, but I like to store them in the freezer until I’m ready to enjoy a bite or two. When ready to eat, let thaw (if frozen) for a minute or two before enjoying.
Serving Size: For me, this recipe makes roughly 18-20 small bites. Nutrition information is based on 1/18th of the recipe. Based on ingredients, I would recommend no more than two bites per serving (or 1/9th of the recipe) until you have tested and know your FODMAP tolerance.
Peanut Butter: I recommend using “natural” peanut butter made with just peanuts (and maybe salt). A low FODMAP serving is 2 tablespoons or 32 grams.
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP snack, energy bites, vegan snack