Move over potatoes, these Low FODMAP Mashed Parsnips are ready to shine! This simple and scrumptious side dish is a delicious way to get a healthy dose of starchy carbs.
- 1 pound parsnips; washed, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Optional garnish: Snipped chives
- Place parsnip pieces in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Boil over medium-high heat until the water has evaporated, about 15 minutes.
- Using a fork (or potato masher), mash parsnips with garlic-infused olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm topped with optional snipped chives.
Make it creamier? Consider mashing in low FODMAP milk, like lactose-free cow’s milk or unsweetened almond milk.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP vegetable, low FODMAP side, plant-based