Low FODMAP Instant Pot Whole Chicken is a quick and easy way to cook an entire chicken with the added bonus of creating low FODMAP chicken broth in the process.
- 2 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 (4 lb.) whole chicken
- 2 cups water
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 Tbsp. olive oil, paprika, thyme, and salt. Rub seasoning all over outside of chicken.
- Press “Saute” setting on Instant Pot. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Once hot, add chicken, breast side down and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken and add water. Place lid on top of Instant Pot and secure. Set vent to “Sealing”.
- Select the “Meat” setting on the Instant Pot. Adjust time to 25 minutes on “High Pressure” and cook. After cooking, let the pressure naturally release. Remove lid.
- Remove chicken, let sit for 5 minutes and carve. Serve warm.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chicken, Whole Chicken,