Thick, creamy and oh-so-yummy, this Low FODMAP Instant Pot Polenta not only tastes great but also only takes minutes to make! It’s naturally gluten-free and made from whole grain corn.
- 1 cup dry polenta // I use Bob Red Mill’s Corn Grits
- 4 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter // I use lightly salted
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives, optional
- Salt and black pepper
- Select the “Saute” setting on the Instant Pot. Add polenta, water, and salt. Whisk until mixed. Bring mixture to a light simmer, about 5 minutes. Cancel the “Saute” setting.
- Whisk the polenta once more before placing the lid on top of Instant Pot. Secure lid and set the vent to “Sealing”.
- Select the “Manual” setting on the Instant Pot. Adjust time to 10 minutes on “High Pressure” and cook. It took my Instant Pot about 7-8 minutes to come to pressure before the cook time started counting down. After cooking, quick-release the pressure by carefully switching the vent to “Venting”. Remove the lid. The polenta may look watery. It will combine and thicken once stirred in the next step.
- Add butter and olive oil. Stir until the butter is melted and the polenta is creamy. Adjust flavor with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm topped with optional chives.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving of this recipe is made with low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Individual tolerance may vary. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the Monash FODMAP App or check out the “FODMAP Notes” section (above the recipe).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian American
Keywords: Pressure cooker, corn, side, whole grain