Sweet and tangy, these Low FODMAP Green Beans with Pecans are a scrumptious side dish. Pair with a grilled chicken breast, sirloin or your favorite lean protein.
- ½ cup pecans
- 1.5 lb. green beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 6-8 minutes or until just fragrant. Let cool and chop.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add green beans and cook until just tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent further cooking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard and maple syrup. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add green beans and toss to combine. Top with toasted pecans and serve.
Pecans: A low FODMAP serving is 10 halves or 20 grams.
Green Beans: A low FODMAP serving is 15 beans or 75 grams.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: holidays, plant-based, side, vegan, vegetarian, veggie