Creamy, comforting and oh-so-good, this 5-ingredient Low FODMAP Greek Lemon Chicken Soup is a satisfying simple meal.
- Add broth and rice to a soup pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until rice is cooked about 15-20 minutes.
- Place egg yolks into a medium bowl and beat lightly with a whisk. While continuing to whisk, slowly(!) pour about 1 cup of hot broth into the beaten eggs. Then slowly whisk mixture back into the rice mixture.
- Add chicken and lemon juice to rice. Cook for five minutes or until everything is warm. Season with salt and pepper
- Serve soup warm topped with optional garnishes.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving of this recipe uses low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the blog post or the Monash FODMAP app.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mediterranean-Inspired
Keywords: low FODMAP, low FODMAP soup, dairy free, chicken