Three-ingredient Low FODMAP Ginger Tea – a soothing cup of freshly grated ginger steeped in hot filtered water and sweetened with a touch of maple syrup.
- 1 tsp. (2 grams) freshly grated ginger
- 1 ½ cups (355 ml) hot filtered water
- 1 Tbsp. (20 grams) maple syrup (or to taste)
- Place freshly grated ginger in the bottom of a coffee cup. Pour hot water over ginger and let sit for 2-3 minutes or until ginger settles.
- Optional step – Strain when desired ginger flavor strength is achieved.
- Add maple syrup to taste. Serve warm.
The ginger flavor will intensify the longer the tea sits. You can strain the ginger or use a tea infuser to help maintain a consistent flavor.
The ginger at the bottom is safe to consume, however, I usually drink the tea until there is about an inch of liquid remaining (which contains most of the ginger) and discard it.
I use and love this electric kettle to make hot water for my tea.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Kettle
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Hot tea, plant-based, vegetarian