Mini Low FODMAP Chocolate Tortes – deliciously decadent sweet treats that are pre-portioned and made with just 6 simple ingredients.
- 4 oz. (about ⅔ cup) dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips)
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar
- Sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place dark chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20-second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is just melted. Remove from microwave and stir the mixture until it’s smooth. Add sugar and stir until mixed. Let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- After a couple of minutes, add eggs and stir until well mixed. Add vanilla and salt. Continue to stir until mixture thickens and turns a bit glossy.
- Divide mixture into greased muffin tins. Bake 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The tortes will expand in the oven and then condense as they cool. I suggest letting them cool 10 minutes or longer before removing from muffin tins.
- Serve dusted with optional powdered sugar and topped with optional sliced strawberries.
Serving Size: The serving size suggestion is 1 torte and was set based on the nutrition facts. [I am a dietitian after all :)] From a FODMAP standpoint, most people should tolerate two.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP, dark chocolate, vegetarian, flourless, gluten free