Low FODMAP Flourless Chocolate Mini Cakes – deliciously decadent sweet treats that are pre-portioned and made with just 6 simple ingredients.
- ⅔ cup (114 grams) dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, sliced into 1 tablespoon pieces
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 6–12 medium strawberries, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a regular-sized muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place dark chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue to microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted and smooth. This took a total of 1 minute in my microwave.
- Add sugar to the melted chocolate and stir until well-mixed. Let cool for 2-3 minutes. Cooling prevents the eggs from cooking when they are added in the next step.
- After a couple of minutes of cooling, stir in the beaten eggs, vanilla, and salt. Whisk until mixture slightly thickens and turns smooth and glossy.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tins. The batter filled my muffin tin cups about halfway full.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until the tops are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The cakes will expand in the oven and then condense as they cool. Let the mini cakes cool for about 10 minutes before removing them from the muffin tin to a plate or sealable container.
- Serve warm dusted with optional powdered sugar and strawberry slices. Or, (my favorite!) cool the mini cakes completely, place them in an airtight container, and refrigerate until cold. I like to chill them overnight. Serve chilled with a sprinkle of optional powdered sugar and strawberry slices.
Storage: Cool mini cakes to room temperature. Refrigerate in a sealed container for 2-3 days. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator and dust with optional powdered sugar right before serving.
Low FODMAP Serving Size: One serving of this recipe (1 mini cake) uses low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. For more low FODMAP info on ingredients, I recommend checking out the Monash FODMAP app.
Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips: I used Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips in this recipe. They are certified low FODMAP by the FODMAP Friendly Food Program. You can find Enjoy Life in many US supermarkets, usually in the “natural” or “health” foods section, or online.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP torte, low FODMAP flourless torte, low FODMAP dessert, date night, gluten-free