- ½ bunch fresh cilantro (about ⅓ to ½ cup, chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 to 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large or 4 small)
- Place cilantro, lime juice, garlic-infused oil, olive oil, brown sugar, cumin, and salt in a blender. Blend until the cilantro is processed into tiny pieces.
- In a sealable container, place chicken in the bottom. Pour cilantro lime marinade over the chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but no longer than 24 hours.
- Cook chicken using your preferred method:
To bake: Preheat the oven to 450°F. Transfer the marinated chicken to a baking dish and discard any remaining marinade. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F. Let rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve warm.
To broil or grill: Preheat grill or broiler to 450°F or 500°F. Transfer the marinated chicken to the grill (or a broiler pan for the broiler) and discard any remaining marinade. Grill (or broil) the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F. Let rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve warm.
To air-fry: Preheat the air fryer to 375°F. Transfer the marinated chicken to the air fryer. Cook for 6 minutes. Flip, and continue cooking for an additional 4 to 6 minutes, or until a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F. Let rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve warm.
Storage: Refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days. Freeze uncooked in the marinade for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before cooking.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving of this recipe is made with low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Individual tolerance may vary. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the Monash FODMAP App or check out the “FODMAP Notes” section (above the recipe).
To Make The Low FODMAP Burrito Bowl (pictured & in the video): Per bowl, 1 cup cooked rice, 1 cup shredded lettuce, 2 tablespoons diced tomato, 2 tablespoons canned pinto beans (rinsed well), 1 serving of grilled Low FODMAP Cilantro Lime Chicken (sliced), juice from a half of a lime, and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Marinate: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken marinade, low FODMAP marinade, low FODMAP chicken marinade