These baked Low FODMAP Chicken Tenders are crunchy and made with just 3 ingredients. Dip these kid-friendly tenders in creamy maple mustard or your favorite FODMAP diet-friendly condiment.
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups cornflakes cereal, like Kellogg’s Corn Flakes (use gluten-free cornflakes or Corn Chex for gluten-free)
- 1 (12-ounce) package chicken tenderloins (or chicken breast, cut into strips)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk egg in a shallow bowl. Place corn cereal in a ziptop bag and crush finely with a rolling pin. Pour crushed corn cereal onto a plate.
- Dip each chicken tender into egg and roll in corn cereal to coat. Place on the baking sheet and repeat. Discard any remaining corn cereal.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Flip, and cook for an additional 6 to 8 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Chicken is fully cooked when a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F.
- Serve warm with your favorite low FODMAP condiment.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving of this recipe contains low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Individual tolerance may vary. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the Monash FODMAP App or check out the “FODMAP Notes” section (above the recipe).
Cornflakes: Kellogg’s Cornflakes (in the US) have been certified low FODMAP by Monash University.
Corn Chex cereal has not specifically been tested but appears to be low in FODMAPs by ingredients.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP, Chicken nuggets, gluten free,