Cozy up to a bowl of this comforting Low FODMAP Chicken Noodle Soup. This easy recipe uses just 8 ingredients and is ready in about 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced (about 1½ cup)
- 1 medium stalk (40 grams) celery, diced (about ⅓ cup)
- 8 cups low FODMAP chicken broth (see note)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or ½ teaspoon dried thyme)
- 2 cups brown rice pasta (I use elbow macaroni or fusilli)
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- Salt and pepper
Optional garnish: Chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven (or soup pot with lid) over medium to medium-high heat. Once hot, add carrots and celery. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken broth, thyme, and pasta. Cover and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked. Cooking time will vary depending on the pasta used.
- Add in chicken and lemon juice, cooking until warm. Season with salt and pepper. The amount of salt needed will vary greatly depending on the broth used, as well as your taste and nutritional preferences.
- Serve soup warm topped with optional parsley.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving of this recipe contains low FODMAP amounts of ingredients.
Low FODMAP Chicken Broth: Different low FODMAP broths have varying consistencies. When using a thicker broth, like homemade or packaged bone broth, you may want to add water to thin it out. In my experience, boxed bone broths (made with only low FODMAP ingredients) can be easier to find in grocery stores, but they have a thicker consistency than regular broth. If this is what I have, I will use a 4-cup boxed bone broth and mix it with 4 cups water to get the 8 cups needed for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP soup, onion-free, chicken soup