This 9-ingredient Low FODMAP Chicken Cacciatore features tender, juicy chicken and a savory, tomato-olive sauce. Enjoy this easy recipe with mashed potatoes, rice, or whole-grain polenta.
- ¼ cup garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 to 1.25 pounds chicken thighs (can use bone-in or boneless)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup dry white wine (or low FODMAP broth)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can plain crushed tomatoes with juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ⅓ cup halved kalamata olives
Optional garnishes: Thinly sliced fresh basil or chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Once the pan is hot, sear each side for about 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, bell pepper, white wine, tomatoes, and oregano. Stir and bring to a brief boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Cooking time will vary depending if boneless or bone-in chicken is used. Chicken is done when a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F.
- Stir in capers and kalamata olives and continue heating until everything is warm.
- Serve warm with optional garnishes of basil or parsley.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving of this recipe uses low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Please refer to the blog post or the Monash FODMAP app for more information on specific ingredients.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: low FODMAP chicken, skillet, dairy free, entree,