Sweet and savory Low FODMAP Chicken and Grape Salad features grapes, a quick homemade dressing, and FODMAP-friendly servings of crunchy celery and walnuts. Serve this simple chicken salad on a bed of greens or low FODMAP toast for a protein-packed lunch or easy supper.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cooled, and diced into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- ½ cup (60 grams) walnut pieces
- 1 (40 grams) medium celery stalk, diced
- ½ cup low FODMAP mayonnaise (I use Hellmann’s)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Place diced chicken, grapes, walnuts, and celery in a large bowl. Toss to mix and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and minced chives.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken and grape mixture and stir to mix.
- Serve on toasted low FODMAP bread or lettuce leaves. Or, chill the chicken salad in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days. Freezing is not recommended.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving of this recipe contains low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Individual tolerance may vary. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the Monash FODMAP App or check out the “FODMAP Notes” section (above the recipe).
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American, Low FODMAP
Keywords: chicken salad, sandwich, lunch