A plant-based slow cooker soup, this Low FODMAP Carrot and Tomato Soup is a yummy option to warm up during these cold weather months.
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ cup maple syrup, divided
- 4 tsp. coconut milk, divided
- 4 tsp. sesame seeds, divided
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place carrots, tomatoes, coconut milk, turmeric, coriander and cumin in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until carrots are tender.
- Blend until smooth with an immersion blender (or carefully in batches using a blender). Serve warm with an optional 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, 1 tsp. coconut milk, 1 tsp. sesame seeds and fresh cilantro leaves.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Fusion