This easy 5-minute Creamy Maple Mustard is a low FODMAP condiment that calls for just three ingredients. Use this honey mustard alternative as a dipping sauce for chicken tenders, fries, and more!
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, like Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard, like Gulden’s
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, and maple syrup until smooth and well mixed.
- Serve immediately or chill before serving as a condiment with chicken tenders, fries, etc.
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Freezing is not recommended.
Mayonnaise: Generic regular and low-fat mayonnaise have been tested by Monash University and have low FODMAP serving sizes. Individual products can vary, and may, occasionally, contain high FODMAP ingredients like onion or garlic. Please double-check ingredients before purchasing.
Spicy Brown Mustard has not yet been tested; however, many spicy brown mustards in the US appear to be low FODMAP based on ingredients. If you’re concerned, substitute a Dijon or yellow mustard without high FODMAP ingredients. Both have been tested and have servings on the Monash FODMAP app. As an FYI, “spices” on US product labels cannot contain onion or garlic per FDA labeling regulations.
- Category: Condiment
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dipping sauce, kid-friendly, honey mustard