Another no-bake FODMAP-friendly snack option! These easy-to-make Low FODMAP Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites are a twist on the classic cookie combination with a boost of whole grain oats!
- 1 cup rolled oats (use gluten-free rolled oats for gluten-free)
- ½ cup unsweetened natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (plus extra depending on the consistency of the peanut butter)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 oz. box of raisins
- ½ tsp. (28 grams) ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt, optional
- Place oats and peanut butter in a food processor. Pulse until the oats are coarsely ground and just mixed with the peanut butter. (A handful of times should do the trick.)
- Add ¼ cup maple syrup, coconut, raisins, cinnamon, and (optional) salt. Pulse until well mixed. (If the mixture seems to too dry – the consistency will vary depending on the peanut butter used – pulse in more maple syrup a tablespoon at a time until the desired, slightly sticky, easy to roll, consistency is achieved.)
- Using clean hands, grab a small amount of the mixture and roll into a roughly 1-inch sized ball. (The mixture will be slightly sticky.) Place the ball on a parchment-lined pan and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Once finished, place in the freezer until no longer sticky. Transfer to a freezer-safe container for storage. (You can store them in the fridge, but I like to store them in the freezer until I’m ready to enjoy a bite or two.) When ready to eat, let thaw (if frozen) for a minute or two before enjoying.
Serving Size: For me, this recipe makes roughly 18-20 small bites. Nutrition information is based on 1/18th of the recipe. Based on ingredients, I would recommend no more than two bites per serving (or 1/9th of the recipe) until you have tested and know your FODMAP tolerance.
Peanut Butter: I recommend using “natural” peanut butter made with just peanuts (and maybe salt). A low FODMAP serving is 2 tablespoons or 32 grams.
Raisins: A low FODMAP serving is up to 1 Tbsp. or 13 grams according to the Monash app.
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP, energy bites, vegan snack