The classic sandwich made low FODMAP with cool cucumber, green onion tops, and optional kalamata olives in this Low FODMAP Tuna Salad Sandwich recipe.
- 1 (5-ounce) can tuna packed in olive oil
- 1–2 tablespoon low FODMAP mayonnaise (I use Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives, optional
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion tops (green parts only)
- 4 slices low FODMAP bread (I like Schär Deli Style Seeded Bread – certified low FODMAP)
Optional: Tomato slices, lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl, mix together tuna, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, Dijon, cucumber, optional olives, and green onions (green parts only). Add more mayonnaise as needed.
- Divide mixture and spread onto 2 slices of bread. Top with optional tomato slices, lettuce leaves, and remaining 2 slices of bread.
- Serve, or refrigerate prepared tuna salad, separate from bread, in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving of this recipe uses low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the associated blog post or the Monash FODMAP app.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American, Low FODMAP
Keywords: canned tuna, dairy free, low FODMAP lunch