A delicious twist on tacos, these Low FODMAP Taco Stuffed Peppers make an easy, weeknight meal!
- 1 lb. ground beef (or turkey)
- ½ cup tomato puree
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp. low FODMAP taco seasoning
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut in half, stem and seeds removed
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced black olives
- Chopped chives
- Low FODMAP Salsa
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large skillet, brown ground beef until done. Stir in tomato puree, water, and taco seasoning.
- Scoop taco mixture into pepper halves, distributing evenly. Top with (optional) cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until peppers reach desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before topping with optional garnishes. Serve warm.
Tomato Puree: A low FODMAP serving is ⅕ can or 92 grams. Double check ingredients for FODMAP-containing foods.
Red Bell Peppers: No FODMAPs were detected in this food. However, bell peppers (and chiles) naturally contain a compound called capsaicin, which may be a non-FODMAP trigger for some individuals with IBS.
Dairy Free/Paleo: Omit cheese.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Keywords: Supper, Stuffed Peppers