A delicious twist on tacos, these Low FODMAP Taco Stuffed Peppers make an easy, weeknight meal!
- 1 pound ground beef (or turkey)
- ½ cup plain tomato puree
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons low FODMAP taco seasoning
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut in half, stem and seeds removed
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Optional Garnishes: Diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, sliced green onion tops (green parts only), chopped fresh cilantro, low FODMAP salsa
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef until done. Stir in tomato puree, water, and taco seasoning.
- Scoop taco mixture into pepper halves, distributing evenly. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the peppers are fork-tender.
- Serve warm with optional garnishes.
Tomato Puree: A low FODMAP serving is ⅕ can or 92 grams. Double check ingredients for FODMAP-containing foods.
Red Bell Peppers: No FODMAPs were detected in this food. However, bell peppers (and chiles) naturally contain a compound called capsaicin, which may be a non-FODMAP trigger for some individuals with IBS.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Keywords: Supper, Stuffed Peppers