This Low FODMAP Spicy Lemon Pasta is made with gluten-free linguini, spinach, and protein-packed shrimp flavored with lemon juice, butter, and a kick of red pepper flakes. It’s perfect for an easy weeknight meal or simple stay-at-home date night dinner.
- 1 (8-ounce) box gluten-free linguini (like Ancient Harvest® Supergrain Pasta™ Linguine)
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter (or ghee), divided
- 1 to 1 ¼ pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon low FODMAP Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon parsley or chives, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the gluten-free pasta according to the package instructions. Drain, toss with a little olive oil to prevent sticking, and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp start to turn pink; flipping once. Once the shrimp are almost cooked, stir in the Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and spinach. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the cooked pasta to the shrimp and spinach mixture. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons butter; stir until the butter is melted and everything is well mixed.
- Top with lemon juice, fresh herbs, salt, and pepper. Serve warm.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving (¼ of the recipe) uses low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. For more information about specific ingredients, please refer to the “Low FODMAP Notes” section (above the recipe) or the Monash FODMAP app.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pasta, gluten-free, shrimp, low FODMAP recipe