This easy low FODMAP spiced lemon chicken has a light, lemony flavor with hints of turmeric, cumin, and smoked paprika. Serve this simple main with your favorite low FODMAP veggie and whole-grain sides.
- 3 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 to 1.25 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
Optional garnish: Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, salt, cumin, and turmeric.
- Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat grill (or broiler) on high. Toss the chicken once more and then transfer the chicken from the marinade to the grill or a greased broiler pan. Discard any remaining marinade. Grill or broil chicken for 6-8 minutes per side or until cooked. Chicken is cooked when a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of optional fresh cilantro or parsley.
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving of this recipe uses low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the blog post or your Monash FODMAP app.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Broil
- Cuisine: Mediterranean-Inspired
Keywords: chicken marinade, low FODMAP marinade