This low FODMAP Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe is a classic comfort food made crockpot-friendly. Just 8 ingredients and 10 minutes to prep!
- 2 ½ cups baby potatoes
- 2 ½ cups carrots
- 2 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 (2 lb.) beef chuck roast
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Minced chives, optional garnish
- Place potatoes and carrots in the bottom a slow cooker. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season beef roast with salt. Once skillet is hot, sear the roast briefly on all sides to help lock in moisture and flavor. Transfer beef roast and any remaining oil (for added flavor) to the slow cooker, placing the roast on top of the veggies. Add rosemary and thyme, sprinkling evenly onto the top of the roast.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low or until roast is done.
- Remove roast and shred or slice as desired. Using a slotted spoon, remove veggies. Either discard remaining liquid or add shredded meat back in and stir to mix. Serve roast and veggies warm topped with optional minced chives.
Keywords: comfort food, crockpot, beef, easy meal