This low FODMAP Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe is a classic comfort food made crockpot-friendly. Just 8 ingredients and 15 minutes of prep!
- 2 ½ cups baby potatoes
- 2 ½ cups sliced carrots (about 5 medium), cut into ¾-inch coins
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 to 2 ½ pounds beef chuck roast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pat the beef roast dry with paper towels. Season the beef roast with salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, sear the roast on all sides (about 2 minutes each) to help lock in moisture and flavor. Remove from heat.
- Place potatoes and carrots in the bottom a slow cooker.
- Transfer beef roast and any remaining oil (for added flavor) to the slow cooker, placing the roast on top of the veggies.
- Add rosemary and thyme, sprinkling evenly onto the top of the roast.
- Cover and cook for 7-8 hours on low or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast and shred or slice as desired. Using a slotted spoon, remove veggies. Either discard the remaining liquid or add the meat back in and stir to mix.
- Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: comfort food, crockpot, beef, easy meal