Low FODMAP Roasted Root Veggies recipe – slow-roasted potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and rutabaga make for a scrumptious side dish.
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces (approximately 350 grams)
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup garlic-infused olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss vegetable pieces with olive oil in a large bowl. Place on a baking sheet in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Stir and bake for another 45 minutes, checking every 15 minutes, until fork-tender and just starting to brown. Serve warm or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Rutabaga: Per Monash University, a low FODMAP serving for rutabaga is 1 cup, diced or 75 grams.
Keywords: parsnips, potatoes, carrots, rutabaga, roasting,