These Low FODMAP Refrigerator Dill Pickles are deliciously crunchy and flavorful, no FODMAP-containing garlic or onion needed.
- 12 pickling cucumbers
- 1 (0.75-ounce) package fresh dill
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Wash cucumbers. Dry and slice cucumbers into the desired shape. Divide between mason jars leaving some room for brine. Add dill sprigs and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together water, vinegar, salt, and red pepper flakes. Pour over cucumbers. Seal jars and place in refrigerator for at least 24 hours, but ideally 1 week before opening and enjoying.
Red Pepper Flakes: Peppers and chiles contain a compound called capsaicin which contributes to their spiciness. Capsaicin may be a non-FODMAP trigger for IBS symptoms in some individuals. Consider limiting intake if you experience abdominal pain or heartburn-like symptoms after consuming.
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Refrigerate
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: side dish, garlic-free, onion-free, pickled, low FODMAP recipe