This Low FODMAP Red Pepper and Walnut Dip is based on a yummy Middle Eastern recipe called muhammara. It’s delicious served with fresh cut low FODMAP veggies, spread onto grilled chicken or served with low FODMAP toast.
- 2 red peppers, halved lengthwise, stems and seeds removed
- 1 ½ cup walnuts
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- ½ lemon, juice of
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the peppers cut side down and roast for 20-25 minutes or until skins are wrinkled and slightly charred.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before placing in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let cool for 30 minutes.
- After cooling, remove peppers from bowl. Peel off the skins, discarding them, and placing the flesh into a food processor with walnuts, cumin, olive oil, and lemon juice. Process until smooth.
- Serve with fresh cut low FODMAP veggies or toasted low FODMAP bread.
Walnuts: A low FODMAP serving is 10 nut halves or 30 grams.
- Category: Dip
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mediterranean American