This Low FODMAP Red Pepper and Walnut Dip is inspired by a yummy Middle Eastern recipe called muhammara. Serve it with your favorite low FODMAP veggies.
- 2 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise, stems and seeds removed
- 1 ½ cup (180 grams) walnuts
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
Serving suggestions: carrots, cucumber, other low FODMAP veggies
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the peppers cut side down and roast for 20-25 minutes or until skins are wrinkled and slightly charred.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before placing in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let cool for 30 minutes.
- After cooling, remove peppers from bowl. Peel off the skins, discarding them, and placing the flesh into a food processor with walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice, and cumin. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve dip with low FODMAP veggies.
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Walnuts: A low FODMAP serving is 10 nut halves or 30 grams.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dip
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mediterranean American
Keywords: Spread, beanless hummus, vegetarian