Crunchy, refreshing and full of low FODMAP veggies, these Low FODMAP Rainbow Wraps with Zesty Sunflower (or Peanut Butter) Sauce are great for a light lunch or supper.
Zesty Sunflower Sauce
- ½ cup sunflower seed butter (or peanut butter) (I use Sunbutter)
- 2 tablespoon lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
Rainbow Collard Wraps
- 4 large collard green leaves
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup cucumber matchsticks (about ⅓ medium)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage (about ⅛ head)
- 1 cup red pepper matchsticks (about 1 medium)
- For the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together sunflower seed butter, lime juice, garlic-infused oil, soy sauce, optional red pepper flakes, and ground ginger.
- Prepare the collard leaves. First, cut off the thick stalk at the base of each leaf. For the remaining stalk in the center of each leaf, take a paring knife and carefully run it down the stalk, cutting parallel to the leaf and shaving the stalk down to about the thickness of the leaf.
- Assemble the wraps: In the center of each leaf, spread ¼ sauce onto each leaf. Then, top with ¼ cup each, carrots, cucumbers, cabbage, and red pepper matchsticks. Roll by folding ends in and then rolling front to back, keeping everything as tight as possible.
- Slice each wrap in half and enjoy!
Low FODMAP Serving: A serving of this recipe uses low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the blog post or the Monash FODMAP App and FODMAP Friendly App.
Sunflower seed butter has not specifically been tested, but appears low FODMAP by ingredients. Sunflower seeds have been tested by both Monash University and the FODMAP Friendly Food Progam. A low FODMAP serving is 3 tablespoons or 30 grams per FODMAP Friendly.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Vegetarian