Eat the rainbow with this Low FODMAP Rainbow Quinoa Salad. It’s filled with whole-grain quinoa, fresh veggies, and a delicious Asian-inspired dressing.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ jalapeño, minced (optional)
- 4 green onions, green parts only, chopped
- ¼ cup reduced sodium tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Remove quinoa from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Place cooked quinoa, red cabbage, zucchini, red pepper, cilantro, jalapeno, and green onions (green parts only) in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tamari sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes. Pour salad dressing over quinoa mixture and stir to mix.
- Season mixture to taste with salt. Serve or chill in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Quinoa: Depending on the brand, quinoa may need to be rinsed prior to cooking.
Red Cabbage: A low FODMAP serving is ¾ cup or 75 grams.
Zucchini: A low FODMAP serving is ⅓ cup or 65 grams.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Whole grain, grain salad, gluten free