Yummy Low FODMAP Rainbow Bliss Bowls include roasted broccoli and red cabbage, hearty quinoa, crunchy red pepper, and a delicious turmeric-tahini dressing.
Rainbow Bliss Bowl
- 2 cups (200 grams) broccoli florets
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups (200 grams) shredded red cabbage
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper (about 1 cup), seeded and diced
- 6 servings favorite cooked protein food (tempeh, chicken, salmon, etc.), optional
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss broccoli with 2 tsp. coconut oil. Spread evenly onto one of the baking sheets. In the now empty bowl, toss cabbage with 1 Tbsp. coconut oil. Spread evenly onto the other baking sheet. Roast broccoli and cabbage, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until fork tender and just starting to brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa. Place quinoa and water into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for 5 minutes, before fluffing quinoa with a fork. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, turmeric, and optional cayenne pepper. Season to taste with salt. If you’d like a thinner dressing, stir in 1-3 Tbsp. water depending on the desired consistency. Set aside.
- To assemble, place ¼ of each of the following into bowls: cooked quinoa, roasted broccoli, roasted cabbage, diced bell pepper, and optional protein food. Serve each bowl warm or cold with 2 Tbsp. dressing.
Broccoli: A low FODMAP serving is a ¾ cup or 75 grams
Red Cabbage: A low FODMAP serving is a ¾ cup or 75 grams.
Tahini (or Sesame Seed Paste): A low FODMAP serving is 1 Tbsp. or 20 grams.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake, Stovetop
- Cuisine: Plant-Based
Keywords: plant-based, entree, meal idea,