Fresh winter fruits are the stars of this colorful Low FODMAP Pomegranate Orange Salsa. Serve with whole grain corn tortilla chips or on top of grilled fish, chicken, or shrimp.
- 4 clementines, segmented and diced
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions, green parts only
- ½ jalapeño, minced (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ tsp. lime zest (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Toss together diced clementines, pomegranate arils, chopped green onion tops, minced jalapeño, cilantro leaves, lime zest, lime juice, maple syrup, and salt. Mix well.
- Serve with corn chips or as a condiment for grilled fish, chicken, or shrimp.
Pomegranate: A low FODMAP serving is 45 grams or approximately ¼ cup seeds (arils).
Jalapeño: Jalapeños are low FODMAP. Peppers contain capsaicin, a naturally-occurring compound that contributes to their spiciness. Capsaicin may be a non-FODMAP IBS trigger for some folks. Avoid if you suspect you fall into this camp.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 47
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
Keywords: Dip, fruit, low FODMAP, vegan, plant-based,