Wake up your taste buds with this spicy, Afro-Portuguese-inspired Low FODMAP Peri Peri Chicken flavored with lemon, paprika, and cayenne pepper!
This chicken is relatively spicy. If you know (or suspect) that spicy foods are a non-FODMAP trigger for your digestive symptoms, this recipe may not be for you.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup garlic-infused olive oil
- ¼ cup ground paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1-inch piece ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, cayenne, ginger, and salt.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- When ready to eat, preheat grill (or broiler).
- Transfer the marinated chicken to the grill (or a broiler pan) and discard any remaining marinade. Grill (or broil) the chicken for 5-6 minutes per side, or until a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F.
- Serve warm.
Capsaicin: Chili peppers (including ground peppers) naturally contain a compound called capsaicin. It contributes to the spicy quality of these ingredients. Capsaicin can be a non-FODMAP trigger for digestive symptoms in some people. Please avoid if you have concerns.
- Prep Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Afro-Portuguese inspired
Keywords: spicy chicken, grilled chicken