A fantastic Low FODMAP pasta sauce recipe – no onion or garlic needed! Serve over low FODMAP pasta or zucchini noodles for an easy meal!
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- ¼ cup garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper
- Place tomatoes, olive oil, basil, oregano, and optional red pepper flakes in a blender. Pulse until your desired sauce consistency is achieved.
- Pour sauce into a large saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add more basil, oregano, or red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Serve warm over your favorite low FODMAP pasta.
Whole Peeled Tomatoes: A low FODMAP serving is a ½ cup or 92 grams. This pasta sauce makes about 8 servings, which works out to be ~99 grams of canned tomatoes. Although this is a slightly larger amount than recommended for a green serve, it may be tolerated. If you’d like to be safe, divide this sauce into 9 or 10 servings instead.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian