A fantastic Low FODMAP pasta sauce recipe – no onion or garlic needed! Serve over low FODMAP pasta or zucchini noodles for an easy meal!
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes
- ¼ cup garlic-infused olive oil
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt, to taste
- Place all ingredients except salt in a blender. Pulse until desired sauce consistency is achieved. Set aside.
- Pour sauce into a large saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and serve.
Whole Peeled Tomatoes: A low FODMAP serving is 1/2 cup or 92 grams. This pasta sauce makes about 8 servings, which works out to be ~99 grams of canned tomatoes. Although this is slightly larger amount than recommended for a green serve, it may be tolerated. If you’d like to be safe, divide this sauce into 9 or 10 servings instead.
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian