Spiced without being overly spicy, this Low FODMAP Moroccan Chicken is a delicious alternative to plain, grilled chicken!
- ¼ cup garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 (20-ounce) package boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except chicken. Transfer mixture to a gallon ziptop bag or glass container with a lid. Add chicken and mix to coat. Seal and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least an hour but ideally 8 hours.
- When ready to eat, preheat grill (or broiler) on high. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding any leftover marinade. Grill chicken thighs for 6-8 minutes per side or until cooked. I recommend using a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part to double-check that it is done. Chicken is cooked when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serve warm with your favorite low FODMAP sides.
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Low FODMAP serving: One serving uses low FODMAP amounts of ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Moroccan
Keywords: marinade, rub, spice blend