This vibrant, veggie-packed low FODMAP coleslaw packs Mediterranean-inspired flavors from kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, and oregano. It’s also mayo-less, making it mostly plant-based (or totally if you leave off the feta) and a perfect side dish for summer!
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about ½ cup)
- ½ cup chopped roasted red bell peppers (about ½ medium pepper, if roasting your own) – I used jarred roasted red bell peppers (see note)
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about ⅓ lemon)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of sugar, optional
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup (50 grams) crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Place cabbage, carrots, roasted red bell peppers, and olives in a large bowl. Toss to mix.
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and oregano in a small bowl. Adjust flavor with optional sugar, salt, and pepper. A little bit of sugar can help cut the lemon and vinegar if you find it too sour.
- Pour dressing over veggies and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve topped with optional feta cheese.
Storage: Although best enjoyed after preparing, this coleslaw can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving uses low FODMAP amounts of ingredients.
Time-Saving Tip: I like to shred the cabbage and carrots using my food processor. Bagged shredded cabbage and carrot matchsticks could also be used to save time.
Red bell peppers are a FODMAP-free food. Although a convenient pantry item, jarred roasted red bell peppers have not specifically been tested for FODMAPs. If you have concerns, please omit until you can test-to-tolerance or consider roasting your own. Instructions for roasting fresh red bell peppers can be found in my Low FODMAP Roasted Red Pepper Pasta recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Mediterranean-Inspired, Low FODMAP
Keywords: low FODMAP side, mayo-free coleslaw, salad, summer, cabbage, no-mayo coleslaw