Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, this easy-to-make Low FODMAP Lemon Roasted Chicken is the perfect cook once, eat twice (or more) dish! Save the bones to make your own Low FODMAP Chicken Broth.
- 1 whole chicken
- ¼ cup softened butter (or ghee)
- 1 lemon, zest and juice of
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, mix together lemon zest and butter. Set aside.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and place, breast side up, in a lined roasting pan. Using fingers, rub lemon butter mixture all over. Sprinkle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until done. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before carving and serving.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American