Low FODMAP Lemon Green Beans with Pine Nuts is a vibrant and lemony, plant-based side dish made with just 4 simple ingredients.
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 ¼ pound (566 grams) green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest + 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- Salt and pepper
- Place pine nuts in a dry skillet. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until nuts start to turn golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Once the pot of water is boiling, add green beans and cook for 2-4 minutes until just tender-crisp. Drain green beans under cool, running water to prevent further cooking. Shake dry before transferring to a large bowl.
- Add dressing to green beans and toss. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve warm topped with toasted pine nuts.
Low FODMAP serving: 1 serving (1/8 recipe) should be low FODMAP by ingredients. For more information on specific ingredients, please check out the “low FODMAP notes” section (in the post above the recipe) or refer to the Monash FODMAP app.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP side dish, low FODMAP holiday recipe,