Fresh and crunchy, these Low FODMAP Lemon Green Beans with Pine Nuts are vegan, paleo-friendly, and easy-to-make!
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 ¼ lb. green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ½ lemon, juice of
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Place pine nuts in a dry skillet (no oil!). Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until nuts start to turn golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Once the pot of water is boiling, add green beans and cook for 2-4 minutes until just tender-crisp. Drain green beans under cool, running water to prevent further cooking. Shake dry before transferring to a large bowl. Toss with dressing and top with toasted pine nuts. Enjoy!
Pine Nuts: A low FODMAP serving is 1 Tbsp. or 14 grams.
Green Beans: A low FODMAP serving size is 15 beans or 75 grams.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: green beans, low FODMAP recipe, paleo, vegetarian, plant-based