This easy Low FODMAP Lemon Cod Sheet Pan Meal is filled with roasted Mediterranean veggies and fresh lemon.
- 1 ⅓ cup sliced zucchini (about 1 medium), sliced into ½ inch thick quarters
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1 medium), cut into ½ inch pieces
- ⅓ cup kalamata olive halves
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup lemon juice + 1 teaspoon lemon zest, divided (about 1 lemon)
- 1 pound cod fillets, ideally cut into 4 uniform pieces and patted dry
Optional garnishes: Dill or parsley
Note before making: If your cod is on the thinner side (½ to 1-inch thick), consider pre-baking the veggies without the cod for about 5 minutes to help prevent overcooking the fish. Pre-baking the vegetables is also a great option if you prefer softer veggies.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease or line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, toss together zucchini, red bell pepper, olives, 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil, and ½ teaspoon lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the remaining lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Drizzle half of the lemon-olive oil onto the center of the prepared baking sheet. Add the cod, spreading around to help coat the bottom of the fish with the lemon-oil liquid. Drizzle the remaining lemon-oil mixture over the top of the cod.
- Add vegetables to the tray and spread into an even, single layer.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cod turns opaque white and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve warm topped with an optional sprinkle of dill or parsley
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: sheet pan meal, fish, low FODMAP recipe, zucchini, olives, red bell pepper