This Low FODMAP Frittata with Bacon, Bell Pepper, and Spinach is not only FODMAP-friendly, but it’s also really easy to make, looks pretty, and tastes great. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even an easy weeknight meal.
- 4 slices uncooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, optional
- Preheat broiler.
- In a cast-iron or other oven-safe skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Once cooked, remove bacon and dice. Set aside.
- In the now empty skillet, melt butter. Add bell pepper and cook until fork-tender. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted. Return the cooked bacon to the skillet. Stir to mix.
- Add optional chives to the beaten eggs. Pour eggs over the veggie and bacon mixture. Stir to mix.
- Cook for 4 minutes over medium to medium-high heat, gently scraping the bottom occasionally with a silicone (or other heat-resistant) spatula. Then, place skillet under the preheated broiler and continue to cook until done, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet and allow to cool slightly.
- Slice, and serve frittata warm.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP breakfast, holiday, brunch, eggs