This Low FODMAP Frittata with Bacon, Bell Pepper, and Spinach is not only FODMAP-friendly, but it’s also really easy to make, looks pretty, and tastes great. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even an easy weeknight meal.
- 4 slices uncooked bacon
- 2 Tbsp. ghee
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 10 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. minced chives, optional
- Preheat broiler. Beat eggs until well-combined and set aside.
- In a cast-iron or other oven-safe skillet, cook bacon. Once cooked, remove bacon and dice. Set aside.
- In the now empty skillet, melt ghee. Add bell pepper and cook until soft. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted. Return the cooked bacon to the skillet and stir to mix.
- Add optional chives to the beaten eggs. Pour eggs over the veggie and bacon mixture. Stir to mix.
- Cook for 4 minutes on the stove, gently scraping the bottom occasionally with a spatula. Then, place skillet under the preheated broiler and continue to cook until done about 5 minutes. Remove skillet and allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving warm.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP, holiday, brunch, eggs