Looking to try something new for breakfast? Try Low FODMAP Fajitas Migas! This dish is filled with fresh flavors, crispy tortilla chips, and CHEESE! Yum!
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into strips (approximately ½-inch by 2-inch pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- ½ to 1 jalapeño pepper, minced (optional) – remove the seeds for less heat
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon low FODMAP taco seasoning
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
Optional Garnishes: Sliced green onion tops (green parts only), fresh cilantro leaves
- Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add tortilla strips and toast, stirring frequently, until crispy. Remove tortilla strips from pan.
- Reduce heat. To the now-empty skillet, add the bell pepper and jalapeño. Cook until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and taco seasoning. Add seasoned eggs to peppers; pushing around gently with a spatula to scramble.
- Once eggs are almost fully cooked, stir in crispy tortilla strips and cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm topped with optional sliced green onion tops (green parts only) and cilantro leaves.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Tex Mex