Looking to try something new for breakfast? Try Low FODMAP Fajitas Migas! This dish is filled with fresh flavors, crispy tortilla chips, and CHEESE! Yum!
- 1 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter (or ghee)
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 1 bell pepper, sliced thinly (or 1/2 each of 2 different colored bell peppers)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced (discard seeds for less heat)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. low FODMAP taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup cheddar (or other low FODMAP) cheese**
- Chopped cilantro and chives, for garnish
- Low FODMAP hot sauce (like original red Tabasco sauce), optional
- Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add tortilla strips and toast, stirring frequently, until crispy. Remove tortilla strips from pan.
- Reduce heat. To now empty skillet, add bell pepper and jalapeño. Cook until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and taco seasoning. Add seasoned eggs to peppers; pushing around gently with a spatula to scramble.
- Once eggs are almost fully cooked, stir in crispy tortilla strips and cheese. Once eggs are done, top with cilantro, chives and optional hot sauce. Serve.
** On a personal note, I use Daiya Cheddar-style Shreds instead of cheese because I tolerate it better. To my knowledge, this product has not been tested for FODMAP content.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Tex Mex