Start your day with protein-packed and veggie-filled low FODMAP egg muffins. This low FODMAP breakfast is made with less than 10 ingredients and can be ready in about 30 minutes.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper (about ½ medium red bell pepper)
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper (about ½ medium green bell pepper) // note 1
- ¼ cup crumbled bacon (about 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup packed baby spinach, finely chopped
- 10 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried chives (or 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives)
- Kosher salt and black pepper (I use ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat the cups of a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide diced bell pepper, bacon crumbles and chopped spinach evenly into the prepared muffin tin cups.
- Whisk eggs. I like to do this in a quart-size glass measuring cup for easy pouring. Add the chives, salt, and black pepper, and stir to mix.
- Pour the egg mixture into each muffin tin cup dividing evenly.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the eggs are completely cooked.
- Serve warm.
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. To freeze: Cool egg muffins completely before transferring to a baking sheet. Freeze for 1-2 hours or until frozen and then transfer to a sealable freezer-safe container. Enjoy within 2-3 months.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving (2 egg muffins) of this recipe is made with low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Individual tolerance may vary. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the Monash FODMAP App or check out the “FODMAP Notes” section (above the recipe).
Note 1: One green bell pepper (1 cup diced) can be used instead of half a red bell pepper and half a green bell pepper.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP egg cups, low FODMAP egg breakfast,