Start your day with protein-packed and veggie-filled low FODMAP egg muffins. This low FODMAP breakfast is made with less than 10 ingredients and can be ready in about 30 minutes.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ medium red bell pepper, seeds removed and diced (about ½ cup) // note 1
- ½ medium green bell pepper, seeds removed and diced (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup bacon crumbles (about 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup packed baby spinach, finely chopped
- 10 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried chives (or 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives)
- Kosher salt and black pepper (I use ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat the cups of a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide diced bell pepper, bacon crumbles and chopped spinach evenly into the prepared muffin tin cups.
- Whisk eggs. I like to do this in a quart-size glass measuring cup for easy pouring. Add the chives, salt, and black pepper, and stir to mix.
- Pour the egg mixture into each muffin tin cup dividing evenly.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the eggs are completely cooked.
- Serve warm.
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. To freeze: Cool egg muffins completely before transferring to a baking sheet. Freeze for 1-2 hours or until frozen and then transfer to a sealable freezer-safe container. Enjoy within 2-3 months.
Note 1: One red bell pepper can be used instead of half a red bell pepper and half a green bell pepper.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP egg cups, low FODMAP egg breakfast,