Velvety potatoes and protein-packed shelled edamame (aka mukimame) are the stars of this plant-based low FODMAP curry with potatoes and edamame. This easy vegetarian curry recipe is made with 10 ingredients in about 45 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely-grated fresh ginger
- optional: ½ to 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped // see notes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (not containing onion or garlic) like Simply Organic® brand // or see notes below for a DIY option
- 1½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- optional: ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Serving suggestion: Cooked rice (basmati, brown, and white rice are a few low FODMAP options)
- Heat the garlic-infused oil in a large deep-sided skillet (or soup pot) over medium to medium high heat. Once hot, add the ginger and optional jalapeño. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes, potatoes, curry powder, water, and salt. Increase the heat to high and bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the frozen edamame and continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes or until warm. Remove from heat.
- Stir in optional chopped fresh cilantro. Serve warm with cooked rice.
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Freezing is not recommended.
Low FODMAP Serving: One serving (about 1 cup curry) of this recipe is made with low FODMAP amounts of ingredients. Individual tolerance may vary. For more information on specific ingredients, please refer to the Monash FODMAP App or check out the “FODMAP Notes” section (above the recipe).
Jalapeño: If you are sensitive to or do not like spicy foods, consider starting with ½ a small jalapeño, reducing the amount to a ¼ small jalapeño, or omitting altogether. If you like and tolerate spicy foods, consider using the whole jalapeño, including the seeds.
DIY curry powder: Mix together 1 teaspoon ground turmeric, ½ teaspoon ground coriander, ½ teaspoon ground cumin, ¼ teaspoon ground mustard, ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom, ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg, and ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne
Nutrition: Nutrition estimations are based on all ingredients except the rice, and may vary depending on the specific products you use.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Low FODMAP
Keywords: low FODMAP vegan curry, low FODMAP vegetarian curry, low FODMAP plant-based curry